Strive to be of Value
Only the third day of my week with no processed sugar & I am seriously feeling awesome from the inside out. I feel light & energized!
To me, this blog, my Instagram & working with my clients is about more than just creating a business. It's about giving others tools to be their own motivation. I follow other fitness professionals to help motivate myself & I hope that's how others see me.
Albert Einstein said "Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." This is so true & I want to be of value.
In case you want to switch up your gym regime & need some fresh ideas - here's my gym workout from this morning!
WarmUp: 5 minutes Elliptical, Level 1, easy pace
Intervals - 15 minutes of 45 seconds "on", 45 seconds "off" : My on is Level 8, staying above Speed 10.0. My off is Level 1, around Speed 7.5.
Plyos: Find a spot in the gym with a mirror if you can (I love the aerobics/class room when no class is going on) -
- Spin/Twist Jump Squats: Complete a jump squat, but as you are in the air, turn 180 degrees (10 reps)
- Split Lunge Jumps: Land softly & controlled! (10 reps - 5 each leg)
- Jump Rope (50 quick jumps)
- Ski Jumps: side to side with feet together (15 each side)
- Burpees (10)
Repeat PLYOS above for 4 sets
Abs: 7 minutes of whatever you want... I did:
- 1 minute bridge/plank on elbows
- 1 minute alternating scissor kicks
- 1 minute side crunches (60" each side)
- Leg lifts with hands under gluts (1 minute)
- 1 minute slow bicycles
- 1 minute moving bridge/plank - alternate elbows to up on hands
Cool Down & Stretch :)